From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView code generation failure

When using Daq Assistant to make measurements with my NI-USB6281, I set the measurement parameters and get the following error:

LabView code generation failed to execute.

It also says that this error can happean when code gen engine is not properly installed or when a devel version of LabView is used.

I am using LabView2011 and NI DAQmx 9.4 on WinXP SP2, 32-bit.

I got this error also with earlier version of  NI DAQmx, that came with LabView2011. After that I downloaded the newer version from NI website.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,241 Views)

Hello,

Try to reinstall LabVIEW, it might be that you have some files corrupted.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,224 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately this did not help.

Other suggestions?

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,200 Views)

Hello,

So that I am sure that understood correctly:

When you use Daq Assistant you get the LabVIEW Code generation failure.

You have reinstalled LabVIEW and Daqmx and you still have the same issue?

Please make a printscreen.

Kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(7,182 Views)
Hi, 1) I saw the problem on LabView 11 with DAQmx that was shipped with it (9.3 as I remember). 2) Downloaded and installed DAQmx 9.4 - problem still present 3) Used Labview DVD to uninstall and then install Labview again - problem still present. Some screenshots in attachment. Regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,177 Views)

There was some problem with the brower that I could not add the attachments, hope it works now.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,169 Views)

Hello,

This code generation engine it is installed with labview and updated with drivers.

I know you said you've done it already, but the proper way would be to uninstall both labview and drivers and reinstall them in a clean project.

Other words, uninstall NI software, delete the folders if there are any files left and try to reinstall everything from scratch.

Kind regads,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,155 Views)

I installed LabView on another machine and the problem did not show up. It appears this is connected with the computer I am using.  I will check if it is not some hardware issue with memory modules that were installed recently as it happeaned to me about twice that the machine hanged during operating some VI that handled some larger data sets.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,121 Views)

The hardware seems OK (memory tested with the memtest86). I do not know what is the source of the problem, however I found some examples for daqmx and made it without the express vi

regards 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,081 Views)

I have the same problem. Re-install doesn't help. Even upgrade to Labview 2011 SP1 and new drivers did not help. The computer is older, Athlon XP 2600+ with freshly installed WinXP

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,036 Views)