From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop a DAQ system with 41channel analog I/P by assembling NI DAQ Card?

I have to develop a DAQ system which will take 41 different analog inputs from respective transducers and connect it to PC and then acquire the data's using Labview Software so that i can see all the measured values in software after calibration.

For this I have planned to assemble DAQ cards available so that I can get a sytem with 41-channel(or 42 not much more than required)  DAQ system.

Is it possible to assemble as above?

pls reply ASAP. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,023 Views)

Yes you can do it if you are using single ended then 2 cards should be sufficient else you may need to add one more card ( Am not sure about the latest cards ). In one of my application I am acquiring 36 channels Differential ended among them 5 channels are used for closed loop.

Good luck.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,017 Views)

pls give the details of the 2 cards used you?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,009 Views)

* pls give the details of the 2 cards used by you?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,008 Views)

I am using PXI 6259 cards and its spec. can be found here. We are using 2 cards for acquiring 31 channels of data which are differential ended.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,996 Views)

thank you very much.
One more thing, as you have already worked on similar project can you suggest me how you got the correct sensors along with their corresponding signal conditioning circuit(module)? Because I am planning to select a particular sensor along with its SIGNAL CONDITIONING MODULE (if needed).

some of parameters which I have to measure are: 

1.Temperature  (using IR -Contactless module)

2.Vibration   (using proximity sensor(/probe))

3.RPM measurement

4.Flow Meter

5.Motion Sensor (using LVDT)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Some of the things we cannot reveal but still you can find sensors with honeywell ( If you are using for indutry purpose ). We have seperate hardware team for the electronics I am not that good with that.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,983 Views)

An excellent source distributor for all of the signals you mention is Omega. They also have an extensive free technical library to help with the fine details of selection/implementation. I always prefered to single-source my components when I specified projects similar to what you described. It gets away from the cross-finger-pointing and buck-passing by vendors if there are difficulties later on.

Good luck with your project,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,967 Views)