From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from DAQ unit with LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, I am new with LabVIEW and I need help. How do I construct LabVIEW program to read and store temperature data from DAQ unit. the data can be store as Excel or text file? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1Sam

Start by going through the examples in LabVIEW.  Go to Help->Find Examples.  There are several examples in there just for analog input and then some more for logging data to a file.  After that, show us what you have and we can direct you a little better that way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,806 Views)

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,750 Views)

Do you have any examples you recommend for that? I do not see any in the examples that are simply analog read from a daq. I owuld guess it would be in the "hardware input and output" folder, but it is not clear where to go form there, GPIB? Instrument Drivers? Scan Engine? Serial? Sound? System Config? VISA? in these sub folders there still do not appear to be any simple analog read. The closest i found in name was "simple GPIB.vi" but that doesn't appear to be any kind of analog read.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,116 Views)

@THennesy wrote:

Do you have any examples you recommend for that?

You probably did not notice that you added to a very stale 7 year old thread, and you don't even say what you mean by "that". What kind of hardware do you have? Why do you bring up GPIB? Do you have a GPIB instrument?

I recommend to start a new thread, explain exactly what kind of hardware you have and what you want to do. (DAQ unit" is way too vague!).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,108 Views)