Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQExpress missing hardware

I can't use my NI device in DAQExpress.

I have recently installed DAQExpress (version 5.1) and after clicking “Add hardware” on SystemDesigner, it showed my “NI USB-9215A (BNC)” under “MISSING SYSTEMDESIGNER SUPPORT” with the action “Install NI-DAQmx 20.1”, witch I did (I had an earlier DAQmx version). But after the installation and restarting the PC, it still shows the same thing! And now if I click the Install action, the NI Package Manager shows up with “No operation to be performed.”

I know there is a similar post called Install problems on PXIe hardware, but the DAQExpress online manual lists my device as supported (see this page).

I am using Windows 10 and this device is connected to my PC through NI USB-9162 USB Carrier. I have used it with LabVIEW 2019 without any problem and I can test it in NI MAX. My LabVIEW license has expired and I just need a simple application to get analog waveform charts that can be manipulated (like zooming in, witch can't be done in NI MAX DAQmx Tasks).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,109 Views)

Hi Pedro

I have the same problem as you. Did you ever find a solution?

I'm trying to use DAQExpress with an NI USB-9162 Carrier and an NI-9211A thermocouple input module. I suspect the USB Carrier isn't supported by DAQExpress but I can't find a definite answer to this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(987 Views)

Guys, best to post this under DAQExpress board for better visibility to relevant users.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DAQExpress/bd-p/1017

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(977 Views)