From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate multiple waveforms efficiently?

I am using PXI-6561 to generate and acquire waveforum in my application. Channel 0 is used to generate fixed rate clock, channel 1 is to generate control command, channel 2 to 7 are to acquire data. I have 10 different groups of commands, I save them as mywfm0 to mywfm9 by waveform editor, each waveform file contains clock and command signals.

Here is my questions: how can I control the waveform generation flexibly? For example, in front panel, if I run the application, it will generate waveform mywfm0 continuously, when I click "generate waveform mywfmX (X=1..9)" button, it will generate mywfmX ONCE, then continue to generate mywfm0 repeatly.

I considered to use script and software trigger to control different waveform generation, but I can only have up to 4 different software triggers in script, which is less than what I need.

Another solution is to use a while loop and case structure, but in each case, I have to write different waveform to board, which will introduce some software delay.

Is there anyway I can download all of waveforms into memory once, label each waveform in memory, by default it will generate mywfm0 repeatly, whenever a button pushed, it will generate the corresponding waveform once, then go back to mywfm0 again.

Thank you very much. Please let me know if my description is too confusing.

Regards,

chc
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,308 Views)