Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error -200361 after start/stop of the data acquisition (USB-6009), DAQmx 9.2.2

Hi Razoir,

I'm glad you brought this up again.

NI has discovered that the likely cause of repeatedly seeing error -200361 is a bug in the Windows 7 EHCI driver when handling split transactions (which occur when queueing multiple IRPs on USB Full Speed devices such as the 6008/6009).  Since NI does not have control over the Windows USB stack, the best we can do for now is to provide a workaround.  Limiting the number of outstanding transfer requests will prevent split transactions from occurring and thus will prevent error -200361 from being thrown incorrectly (there is still a possibility that -200361 is being thrown legitimately if the data transfers over USB cannot keep up with your sample rate for some other reason).

Long story short, I suspect that you can fix the problem by adding the following property node to your task configuration (set the property before starting the task):

2012-01-06_095647.png

The above property was added in DAQmx 9.4 specifically so users can work around this one issue (assuming that this is what you are running into).  The only downside of setting it is that you would theoretically have a lower maximum throughput when limiting the number of outstanding IRPs to 1, but at the rates the 6008/6009 is capable of I haven't yet found this to be an issue.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 11 of 37
(3,260 Views)

Thanks John,

That all makes sense, however, I don't have the USB options in the final dropdown panel as your example has. I only have Data Transfer and Compression options. ( NIdaq 9.4, Win XP, LV 2011)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(3,242 Views)

Hi Razoir,

To get the property to show up you'll need to do the following:

Right-click the property node and choose "Select Filter..."

2012-01-09_105128.png

Change the Filter Settings to "Show All Attributes":

2012-01-09_105207.png

The property is supposed to show up by default for the 6008/6009 but in the current version of DAQmx it does not (this should be fixed with the next release).  I have also filed a corrective action request (#331459) for us to investigate making the default transfer request count to 1 for the 6008/6009.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(3,228 Views)

usbreqcount.png

Hi, i have the same problem on my Win7/64 bit computer. Unfortunately the reqcount option doesn't exist in my LabView version 😕 I use the Labview 2011 with the latest NI Device Drivers.. I've tried reinstalling Labview and the Device Drivers several times but still no luck..The filter option is disabled.

Regards,

Florian Gather

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(3,190 Views)

The property was added to the DAQmx driver in version 9.4.

The latest driver DVD (from August 2011) includes DAQmx 9.3.5, so you will likely need to update DAQmx to obtain access to the new property.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(3,175 Views)

Resolved...thanks John...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(3,121 Views)

hello,

i am having the same issue with the daq 6009, actually iam sampling the data with the help of daq assistant vi  , not the conventional way.
any possible solution to issue.(using daq asistant vi as iam a begginerin lab view)

iam working on the acer aspire 5749 ci3 machine.

please help thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(2,968 Views)

Hi ryuzakiyaghami,

Are you using the same setup as mentioned in the posts above? We might need some more information about your application and the issue you are seeing.

Can you post your OS, DAQmx version, what error you are seeing, and when you are getting the error? Do you have any problems using the Test Panels in MAX? 

Also, did you take a look at this KnowledgeBase article posted above?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/611475F9BE62881E86256FDC0062B1BB?OpenDocument

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(2,946 Views)

The workaround mentioned in my previous post is unfortunately not currently available in the DAQ Assistant.  If you are indeed seeing the same problem as the other posters in this thread, I'd suggest using the lower-level DAQmx API (you can start with a shipping example or generate code from the DAQ Assistant) so you can add the property into your task configuration.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(2,941 Views)

I am meeting the same issue and am fighting with it several days!!

NI USB 6009

Dell Latitude 6320 (laptop)

Windowns 7 Enterprise, 64 bit,

CPU i7-2640m,

memory 8GB,

The lastest DAQmx 9.5.1

I will try all your suggestion

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(2,897 Views)