From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic "error DAQmxWriteDigitalU32"

(Broken english approaching)

Hi,

we have to *identical* test stands, each has one USB-9481 for digit output (3 lines of port 0).

Test stand A works without flaws.

Test stand B makes trouble:

Every now and then the error shown in picture 1 occurs (DAQmxWriteDigitalU32).

If you click okay, the MAX's test panels will be opened (picture 2)...!?

The DO-task's timing is "sample on demand", and the samplerate is 10 hz.

Both rigs run WinXP+SP3 with updates and the USB hotfix (WindowsXP-KB969238-x86).

The NI USB devices are connected directly to the port of the computer, no USB-hub.

We connected the USB cables to other USB ports.

We cannot reproduce the error. THe test stand works one day without an error, the other day the errors occurs twice or more.

Both test stands are some hundred kilometers away from each other, so we cannot exhange the USB devices to see, if the error's location changes, too.

Any ideas? I have none. 😕

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,063 Views)

Hi Holwo,

i will look into your request. Could you give me some more information about the system. 

Are the Systems Windows XP 32Bit`?

What driver versions are installed? NI-DAQmx?? 
You can find that info in the "Measurement and Automation Explorer"

Which LabVIEW Version do you use? With our without Service Pack?

Thanks a lot,

Andreas K

National Instruments Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,044 Views)

Hi,

thanks for reply, i've called the NI tech-supp: I'll get 9421/9481 loaners to see if the error is caused by malfunctioning hardware.

Requested info:

• WinXP 32bit
  • MAX: 5.0.0 f1 (the version that ships with the hardware, no problems at test stand A)
  • It's not LabView, it's DASYLab 12 with SP1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,041 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks al ot for the infos so far. 

Ah ok great. So you can test it with the loaner. 

But what NI-DAQmx Driver Version is used?

Could you tell me that? Maybe an upgrade to a higher 
version could fix the problem. You can find the NI-DAQmx 

Version in Measurement and Automation Explorer in the section "Software"

and then scroll down to NI-DAQmx ??

thanks a lot

Andreas K

NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,036 Views)

It's me again (Holwo=hw70).

The customer used the loaners for a while, but there was no change.

Hardware for one test stand (there are two identical test stands):

2x USB-9162 carriers

1x USB-9421

1x USB-9481

DAQmx was updated to version 9.6.2.

Picture "daqmxerr00.jpg" shows the error that randomly occurs -- rarely once per hour, more often it occurs... more often per hour.

That was the only type of error before the DAQmx update.

Now, with the updated version of DAQmx, very, very rare the other errors occur ( --> daqmxerr01/2.jpg).

It's always the digital output tasks that were assigned to the 9481.

We've tested the following:

- Put the 9421 into the carrier of the 9481, and the 9481 in the carrier of the 9421.

- Exchanged the customers' 9481 module with the loaner 9481 -- customers' 9162 carrier.

- Exchanged the customers' 9162 carrier with the loaner 9162 -- customers' 9481 module.

- Exchanged the customers' 9162 carrier with the loaner 9162 -- loaner 9481 module.

- Exchanged the USB cables of the carriers.

- Exchanged the USB ports (front/rear ports of mainboard, OEM Gigabyte)

There are only digital tasks, reading from 2 lines and writing to 2 other lines with 5 Hz, one sample on demand.

I think, the errors show in pictures "daqmxerr01", and "daqmxerr02" are sideffects only.

The main problem is (picture "daqmxerr00") that the hardware (9481) is disconnected  from the system. Right after the error occured, there's a tooltip appearing in the right bottom area above the system tray. The tooltip says, that the hardware was installed and is ready for use (sry, no screenshot available).

You can now restart the application (DASYLab), start the experiment/measurement, and every works fine - until that error occurs again.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,948 Views)

Hi hw70,

in other service requests deleting and recreating the DAQmx Task solved the problem. Maybe you could try that. 

Which DasyLab Version do you use? How long are the USB Cables? Is the USB Port a 2.0 Port? If yes is it also 

set in the BIOS Settings that it works in the full mode? Which version of "NI System Configuration" is installed?

Can you try the hardware and software on anohter machine so that he can be sure that the USB Bus is working properly.?

Or Maybe the NI DAQmx 9.6.2 is to new for your DasyLab Software? 
The driver that is mentioned on the DasyLab Homepage is DAQmx 9.6.1

DasyLab:

http://www.dasylab.com/content/content.php?action=opendoc&sid=555&kat=quick&rcid=27

Driver:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3622/lang/de

Or maybe you could get a loaner for the new 1 Slot cDAQ Chassis?

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/209817

thanks a lot

Andreas K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,928 Views)