Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just updated from LV 2009 SP1 to LV 2010. I am using a LV 32 bit on a 64 bit machine.

When I open DAQ Assistant, I get a pop up window that says "LabVIEW:  An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node.  this might have corrupted LabVIEW's memory.  Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.  VI "Advanced Timing.vi:1" was stopped at node " " at a call to "DAQmxAssitant_DAQmx Get IO Control Info.vi".

If I hit okay, DAQ Assistant is locked up, if I use task manager to close the vi, LabVIEW crashes.

I have already re-installed DAQ device drive 9.5.1. with no success.

metzler CLAD
Message 1 of 17
(11,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author metzler

There's no such version. The latest is 9.2.2.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(11,028 Views)

I'm sorry, version 9.1.5. 

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(11,014 Views)

I installed 9.2.2 and it works. 

thanks.

metzler CLAD
Message 4 of 17
(11,012 Views)

I have had the identical problem but installing 9.2.2 hasn't fixed it.  Did you have to recreate code you had done when you were having the error or did it just work with the new version?

Thanks

Dave B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(10,834 Views)

The error did come up a couple of more times.  If my memory serves me, I replaced all of the DAQ assistant VIs with new ones, and have not experienced the problem since. 

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(10,830 Views)

After months of wrestiling with this it turns out that there is s known issue with this.  Since I searched the forums and found nothing I want to post the response I received with the work around that way others can find it here if needed:

"The first option is, when you get that error, open up your task manager and

end the process, NiAsstnt.exe. You will get an unidentified error, but you

may be able to reopen the DAQ assistant and change what you need to change.

At the very least, you will still be able to access the rest of the VI

without shutting labview down.

The second, better, option is to open main_control.vi by itself, rather

than by opening your project. What I discovered today (which is how R&D was

able to identify this as a known issue) is that the error only occurs with

the project explorer open. I realize it is somewhat inconvenient to close

project explorer every time you want to edit the DAQ assistant, but that is

the best option I have for you until the bug is fixed."

I hope that this helps if someone else is looking for an answer to the same issue.  It seems that it is somewhat rare but can be a frustrating problem to try to solve.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(10,777 Views)

FYI The VI he mentions there is my VI. 

Basically, if you have this problem, your DAQ assistant will crash when you have the project window open.  Close the project and open the individual VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(10,772 Views)

I'm not clear how you would edit a DAQ task or channel with the project explorer closed???

One way around this stupid problem: after closing the task or channel that causes DAQ Assistant to crash using the task manager, try opening a different task or channel that, hopefully, will not cause a crash. Then re-open the channel or task that crashed previously. It may not crash after succesfully opening another channel or task.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(10,624 Views)

Mine was in a VI with Daq Assistants.  If I open the project, open the VI, then try to edit the Daq Assistant it crashed.  If I navigate to the folder where my VI is stored and open it only, I can edit it. 

For a Daq task I'd guess you'd have to edit it in Max with the project closed then re-open the project.

I hope they find a fix for this soon.  It's inconvenient.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(10,589 Views)