Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a DAQmx task to read thermocouples with external CJC, measure voltage, and turn on and off digital outputs

I'm looking to use the USB-6341 Multifunction DAQ to turn on and off two digital signals (create a pulse), measure from 4 thermocouples with temperature linearizer to do CJC and measure 4 analog voltages, all simultaneously. Would it be possible to have this done by a DAQmx task?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,732 Views)

The reading of voltage and temperatures can be done with an analog input task.

Your pulses should probably be done with a counter.

So, yes, you can do those with a few DAQmx tasks.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,704 Views)

I am using a flat sequence structure (two frames for both states of the pulse) to create a timer. I wanted to use that to create boolean states to drive the PF digital outputs. Would that be possible while the analog task is executing?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,674 Views)

Hi emuman,

Yes, that is possible. However, given what you have described as your intention (create digital pulses), there's no need to create a timer and digital pulses yourself. 

The 6341 has built in counters that can be used to generate digital pulses via the DAQmx API. DAQmx includes a few examples of how do to this, located in the NI Example Finder:

1) From any LabVIEW window in the menu bar, select Help » Find Examples...

2) Navigate to Hardware Input & Output » DAQmx » Counter Output

I'd start with the Continuous Output or Single Pulse Output.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(2,659 Views)

Hi Michael,

This did help quite a bit. I was able to create two tasks. One handled all of the input and one handled the digital output.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,633 Views)