From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a DAQmx task to read thermocouples with external CJC, measure voltage, and turn on and off digital outputs

I'm looking to use the USB-6341 Multifunction DAQ to turn on and off two digital signals (create a pulse), measure from 4 thermocouples with temperature linearizer to do CJC and measure 4 analog voltages, all simultaneously. Would it be possible to have this done by a DAQmx task?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,756 Views)

The reading of voltage and temperatures can be done with an analog input task.

Your pulses should probably be done with a counter.

So, yes, you can do those with a few DAQmx tasks.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,728 Views)

I am using a flat sequence structure (two frames for both states of the pulse) to create a timer. I wanted to use that to create boolean states to drive the PF digital outputs. Would that be possible while the analog task is executing?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,698 Views)

Hi emuman,

Yes, that is possible. However, given what you have described as your intention (create digital pulses), there's no need to create a timer and digital pulses yourself. 

The 6341 has built in counters that can be used to generate digital pulses via the DAQmx API. DAQmx includes a few examples of how do to this, located in the NI Example Finder:

1) From any LabVIEW window in the menu bar, select Help » Find Examples...

2) Navigate to Hardware Input & Output » DAQmx » Counter Output

I'd start with the Continuous Output or Single Pulse Output.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(2,683 Views)

Hi Michael,

This did help quite a bit. I was able to create two tasks. One handled all of the input and one handled the digital output.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,657 Views)