Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring DAQ AI Polarity/Range

I am using a PCI 6023E DAQ to acquire voltages from a BNC 2110 Shielded Connector Block.  I need a resolution of 1/100 to 1/10 of a mV, however the current resolution I am getting is 2.44mV.  From the literature I've read (the manual) it seems as though I should be able to use the Measurement & Automation Explorer to configure the input polarity and range and thereby increase resolution, however when I go to Measurement & Automation Explorer (version 2.2.0.3010)>>Devices and Interfaces>>PCI-6023E>>AI the "Polarity/Range" pull down menu only has one option "-10.0V-+10.0V" whereas the manual makes it seem as though there exist various options ranging from +-10V to +-50mV.  Essentially, I need to increase the resoution of my acquired input voltages and am hoping to do so by decreasing the analog input voltage range...am I looking in the right place?  Any suggestions or advice on how to do this?

Thanks very much,

Message Edited by aaronSU10 on 02-22-2007 05:00 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,511 Views)
One information we will require before telling you how to set the range of an AI channel

In which programming language will you be acquiring from the device

C, CVI, LabVIEW??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,500 Views)
LabView 6i
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,496 Views)

You can set the range of each channel of a DAQ card, on LabVIEW, using 'AI config.vi' in an AI acquisition VI

Look at attached pic

Hope this helps

regards,

Dev

Message Edited by devchander on 02-23-2007 07:09 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,495 Views)
I believe that I followed the above instructions, but I am still only getting a resolution of 2.44mV and moreover I am still reading in values greater than .5V even when I set the input limits to +-.5V.  Below are links to pictures of the diagram and front panel...maybe you can see what I've done wrong.  Thanks again.

diagram
panel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,465 Views)

You've got a 1 and -1 wired to the limit inputs of AI Sample Channel. Putting the AI Config outside the loop doesn't do anything when you reconfigure the limits inside the loop. AI Sample Channel actuall calls AI Config and passes the +1 and -1 values you have wired up.

Even if AI Sample Channel did not call AI Config, putting the AI Config outside the loop and not wiring data from it to the while loop is a bad idea. You have no guarantee that the AI Config would actually be called before the code inside the while loop starts.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,458 Views)

How do I enable dithering?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,426 Views)
In Traditional DAQ, You use use MIO Configure.vi  to enable dithering (disabled by default) on 12 Bit DAQ cards
Find it at Block diagram>>Functions >>Data Acquisition>> Calibration and Configuration>> MIO Configure.vi

Note: Place it in your block diagram, before AI Config.vi and AI Start.vi
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,415 Views)
See in attached pic
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,413 Views)