From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COTS 'plug & play' wireless sensor modules ?

i'm currently using the NI 6062E pcmcia card to acquire analog voltage 'hardwired' sensor data but would also like to acquire 1 to 3 channels of 'wireless' accelerometer and/or thermocouple sensor data thru this same card at the same time.  Is there a complete accelerometer and/or thermocouple sensor + transmitter + receiver package i can buy that easily interfaces to the NI 6062E card i'm using ?  I don't want to spend time finding individual components to make up the system if something exists already, off the shelf, and in a modular package form at a reasonable price.  I'm sampling at about 2k sa/sec with the hardwired sensors but only need a fraction of this in terms of the wireless sensor's response and/or output (5 Hz for temperature data and maybe 500 Hz for acceleration data).  I need to stay away from the S-band frequencies for these wireless sensors and would need to acquire the wireless sensor data whose sensors & transmitter 'module/s' reside on a moving vehicle from about 500-ft away max.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,483 Views)

Hello johnnyc,

I know that NI does not make such a package currently, but perhaps a third-party vendor does. 

I hope you find one!

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,464 Views)