From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF graph cursor HorizontalCrosshairLength property

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

In my aplication I use Cursor and RangeCursor on wpf  ni:Graph. 

I want to bind Cursor HorizontalCrosshairlength property to RangeCursor HorizontalRange property. When I change RangeCursor horizontal size I must set to HorizontalCrosshairlength to the same size. But datatypes are different.

I attached screenshot and sample project.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Best Regards.

Hakan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,686 Views)

Yes, the range cursor uses data values for the filled area, while the single-point cursor uses relative values for the crosshair.

Instead of using two cursors, it would be easier to customize the display of the range cursor to add crosshairs:

public class CrosshairRangeCursor : RangeCursor {
    private static readonly Range<double> FullRelativeRange = Range.Create( 0.0, 1.0 );

private readonly RenderTargetOptions _crosshairOptions;

public CrosshairRangeCursor( ) {
        _crosshairOptions = new RenderTargetOptions( this,
            RenderTargetOption.CreateValue( RenderTargetOptionsProperty.Stroke, Brushes.Red ),
            RenderTargetOption.CreateBinding( RenderTargetOptionsProperty.StrokeThickness, CrosshairThicknessProperty ) );
    }

protected override void RenderGraphCore( RenderArgs args ) {
        base.RenderGraphCore( args );

Range<double> horizontalRelativeRange = GetRelativeHorizontalRange( ) ?? FullRelativeRange;
        Range<double> verticalRelativeRange = GetRelativeVerticalRange( ) ?? FullRelativeRange;

Size pointSize = new Size( 10.0, 10.0 );
        Point relativeCenter = new Point(
            Center( horizontalRelativeRange ),
            Center( verticalRelativeRange ) );
        args.RenderTarget.DrawShape( _crosshairOptions, relativeCenter, PointShape.Ellipse, pointSize );

double relativeLength = horizontalRelativeRange.Maximum - relativeCenter.X;
        args.RenderTarget.DrawConstantLine( _crosshairOptions, Orientation.Horizontal, relativeCenter, +relativeLength, pointSize.Width / 2.0, 0.0 );
        args.RenderTarget.DrawConstantLine( _crosshairOptions, Orientation.Horizontal, relativeCenter, -relativeLength, pointSize.Width / 2.0, 0.0 );
    }

private static double Center( Range<double> range )
        => (range.Maximum + range.Minimum) / 2.0;
}
~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,647 Views)

Thanks for your help,

the crosshairs should be dragged up and down when left-clicking with the mouse and I need to get or set the crosshair y-axis value. I guess these features of the cursor crosshair do not exist here.

Best Regards,

Hakan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yrnhkn

Ah, that makes sense! Definitely no need to re-implement cursor interaction. To have the single-point cursor follow the range cursor, just need to update settings whenever the range cursor changes position:

public MainWindow( ) {
    InitializeComponent( );

rangeCursor1.PositionChanged += OnRangeCursorPositionChanged;
}

private void OnRangeCursorPositionChanged( object sender, EventArgs e ) {
    // Update the crosshair cursor to fit the new horizontal range.
    Range<double> relativeRange = rangeCursor1.GetRelativeHorizontalRange( ) ?? FullRelativeRange;
    Point relativePosition = cursor1.GetRelativePosition( );
    relativePosition.X = Center( relativeRange );
    cursor1.SetRelativePosition( relativePosition );
    cursor1.HorizontalCrosshairLength = relativeRange.Maximum - relativePosition.X;
}

(Note: this uses helpers defined in the previous code example, and the Label values need to change to x:Name values in the XAML in order to access the components by name.)

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,607 Views)

Thanks Paul. This works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,600 Views)

Hi Paul, There is a problem in that horizantal cursor. The single-point cursor should be dragged up and down when left-clicking with the mouse. But it cannot be moved left and right. I attached two image. I marked  point on first image . When I pressed on that point, the single-point cursor move left and right which we dont want this behaviour. You can see this situation in the second photo.  Our cursor code is below.

Thanks for your help.

moved_horicantal_cursor.PNG

vertical_line_trace.PNG

  

<ni:Cursor x:Name="ThresholdChannel1"
VerticalCrosshairLength="0"
Foreground="White"
SnapToData="False"
TargetSize="0,0"
Visibility="{Binding Channel1Visibility }"
ValueVisibility="Collapsed" VerticalCursor="SizeNS" Cursor="SizeNS" InteractionMode="Mouse">
<ni:Cursor.CrosshairBrush>
<SolidColorBrush Color="White" Opacity="0.5"/>
</ni:Cursor.CrosshairBrush>
</ni:Cursor>

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,517 Views)