Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer control labview code

I have a LabVIEW code which needs to be timer control. The code should work as follows?

1. Need a timer that resets every 60 seconds.

2. From 0-30 seconds, the code should write the value 0(zero) to Modbus register 9 of slave device address 5

3. from 31 - 60 seconds, the code will write the value 256 to same Modbus register 9 of slave device address 5.

4. The timer will reset to zero  and this loop continues for every 60 seconds.

Does anyone in the forum got an idea or a typical LabVIEW code that can perform the above function?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,450 Views)

Hi,

This is the Measurement Studio forum, not LabVIEW, so I would recommend posting this in the appropriate forum. 

NI does have a free unsupported Modbus API that you can use for your project:  https://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/LabVIEW-Modbus-API/ta-p/3524019

I hope that helps. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,421 Views)

Which of the Measurement Studio forum (VC++ or VB6) should I post my Question?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,411 Views)

Hi,

Your question refers to "LabVIEW" code. So it would go to the LabVIEW forum. Unless your question is about Measurement Studio and Visual Basic or C++? It's a little confusing from your posts what programming language you are using. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,405 Views)

I am using LabVIEW code

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,403 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying, as I said earlier, you should post on the LabVIEW forums. Measurement Studio is a different product used for text-based analysis. 

You can find the LabVIEW forums here:
https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

ZK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,400 Views)