From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Name and Legend color settings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have three questions... (WPF C#)

1. Is there a way to give this Graph a name w/out creating a separate label?
  2. How can I change the Legend Foreground color to White?  I mean, I changed Foreground to White but it's still black as you can see.
  3. How can I cnange the Axis color to White?

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,285 Views)

1. A separate label is the expected way to associate a control with a descriptive name.

2. The default template for plot labels in the Legend uses a TextBox, which appears to override Foreground in its default style. An easy workaround is to specify a custom label template:

<DataTemplate x:Key="PlotLabelTemplate">
        <TextBlock Text="{Binding}" />
    </DataTemplate>

<ni:Plot Label="Plot 1" LabelTemplate="{StaticResource PlotLabelTemplate}" />

3. In your screenshot, the axis ticks and labels already match the foreground, so I assume by "Axis color" you mean the baseline color? In that case, you can set the BaselineStroke property:

<ni:AxisDouble Orientation="Vertical" BaselineStroke="White" />

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,276 Views)

Thank you.  I got #1 and #3 but can't make #2 work.

This is my XAML code (I generate Plots programatically in C#).

Could you please help?

<DockPanel x:Name="Vco1Graph" Visibility="Visible">
                                            <Grid DockPanel.Dock="Top">
                                                <ni:GraphInteractionPalette Graph="{Binding ElementName=GraphVCO1}" Margin="50,0,0,0"/>
                                                <Label Content="VCO__1" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Style="{DynamicResource EvolvDiagsLabel}"/>
                                            </Grid>
                                            <ni:Legend ItemsSource="{Binding AllPlots, ElementName=GraphVCO1}" DockPanel.Dock="Right" Width="90" IsTabStop="False"
ItemBackground="{DynamicResource ColorSolidReadOnlyBackground}"
BorderBrush="{Binding BorderBrush, ElementName=GraphVCO1}"
Background="{DynamicResource ColorSolidReadOnlyBackground}"
Foreground="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}"/> <ni:Graph x:Name="GraphVCO1" DockPanel.Dock="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="877"
PlotAreaBackground="{DynamicResource ColorSolidReadOnlyBackground}"
PlotAreaBorderBrush="{DynamicResource ColorSolidReadOnlyBackground}"> <ni:Graph.Plots> <ni:Plot/> </ni:Graph.Plots> <ni:Graph.Axes> <ni:AxisDouble Orientation="Vertical" BaselineStroke="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}"> <ni:AxisDouble.LabelTemplate> <DataTemplate> <Label Content="dB" Foreground="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}"/> </DataTemplate> </ni:AxisDouble.LabelTemplate> <ni:AxisDouble.MajorGridLines> <ni:GridLines Stroke="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}" StrokeThickness="0.3"/> </ni:AxisDouble.MajorGridLines> </ni:AxisDouble> <ni:AxisDouble Orientation="Horizontal" Adjuster="FitExactly" BaselineStroke="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}"> <ni:AxisDouble.LabelTemplate> <DataTemplate> <Label Content="GHz" Foreground="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}"/> </DataTemplate> </ni:AxisDouble.LabelTemplate> <ni:AxisDouble.MajorGridLines> <ni:GridLines Stroke="{DynamicResource ColorSolidNormalForeground}" StrokeThickness="0.3"/> </ni:AxisDouble.MajorGridLines> </ni:AxisDouble> </ni:Graph.Axes> </ni:Graph> </DockPanel>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,270 Views)

Since you are generated plots in code, it may make more sense for you to override the default legend template for plots instead:

<DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type ni:Plot}">
        <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
            <niPrimitives:LegendGlyph Margin="3"
                    Renderer="{Binding ActualRenderer}"
                    Background="{Binding ItemBackground, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}"
                    Width="{Binding GlyphSize.Width, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}"
                    Height="{Binding GlyphSize.Height, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" />

<ContentPresenter Margin="3"
                    VerticalAlignment="Center"
                    Content="{Binding Label}" />
        </StackPanel>
    </DataTemplate>

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,265 Views)

Thanks but it's still not clear when I have ti insert this chunk of code.  No matter what I try I get errors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,262 Views)

Sorry for not specifying that before. It should go in the Resources for the legend (or in Resources higher up). For example:

<ni:Legend ItemsSource="{Binding ...}" ...>
        <ni:Legend.Resources>
            </DataTemplate>
        </ni:Legend.Resources>
    </ni:Legend>

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,253 Views)

Still no luck... I get:

"Error 1 The name "Plot" does not exist in the namespace "http://schemas.ni.com/controls/2009/xaml/presentation"

<DockPanel>
                                            <Grid>
                                                <ni:GraphInteractionPalette Graph="{Binding ElementName=GraphVCO1}"/>
                                            </Grid>
                                            <ni:Legend ItemsSource="{Binding AllPlots, ElementName=GraphVCO1}">
                                                <ni:Legend.Resources>
                                                        <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                                            <niPrimitives:LegendGlyph Margin="3" 
                                                                Renderer="{Binding ActualRenderer}" 
                                                                Background="{Binding ItemBackground, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" 
                                                                Width="{Binding GlyphSize.Width, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" 
                                                                Height="{Binding GlyphSize.Height, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ni:Legend}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" />

<ContentPresenter Margin="3" VerticalAlignment="Center" Content="{Binding Label}"/>
                                                        </StackPanel>
                                                    </DataTemplate>
                                                </ni:Legend.Resources>
                                            </ni:Legend>
                                            <ni:Graph x:Name="GraphVCO1"
                                                <ni:Graph.Plots>
                                                    <ni:Plot/>
                                                </ni:Graph.Plots>
                                            </ni:Graph>
                                        </DockPanel>

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,229 Views)

If you're in Visual Studio 2013 then you'll need to create a .licx file as outlined here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C51E3B38578FAD2786257C070069F386. That error can be caused by not having an licx file.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,217 Views)

I already solved the licx issue last week and have been able to do eveyrhting since then.  I just want to change the color of the Legend labels

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,215 Views)

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue you are seeing. It seems particularly odd since you declare a <ni:Plot/> later on in your example.

Since the schema-based XML namespace does not seem to be recognized, as a workaround you could try using the CLR assembly-based XML namespace:

xmlns:niGraphs="clr-namespace:NationalInstruments.Controls;assembly=NationalInstruments.Controls.Graphs"

<DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type niGraphs:Plot}">

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,210 Views)