Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a custom device

I am considering purchasing Measurement studio for the purposes of creating a custom test instrument using an Arduino Due. I want to write the code on the instrument side in C (Atmel Studio)rather than in the Arduino environment.

I would like to connect to a simulated serial port on the PC via  FTDI . 

In other words I quess it would be like simulated RS232

I would like to send serial commands to control Digital outputs, and Read Digital Inputs. I would also like to send analog data to implement a slow speed oscilloscope. Is this possible while still making use of all the great features of Measurement Studio?

Is there example code for a custom device with a serial interface?

Thanks

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)

Seems like it'd be fine to me.  I found this article which covers this in more detail.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4058/en/

I'd give that a read and see if it applies to you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,787 Views)

Thanks for the link Dsun:smileyhappy!  If I am understanding it correctly my device would still need to have a driver that measurement studio could find. I am not familar with writing device drivers.

The way I had envisioned it working was to have my device exhange serial commands, handshaking, and data using some predefined standard.

Perhaps I could make it work using an existing driver if I new the exact communications protocol?

Is there anyone out there who has implemented a custom device using serial communications?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,777 Views)