cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous image aquisition using identical usb cameras

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LV Users,

I have put together a vi (probably not the best programming skills, its only my second vi) to simultaneously aquire images from two usb cameras using LV2010 32bit + VAS 2010. As long as the two cameras are different there is absolutely no trouble. This changes once I use identical devices. Then it works well on my win7 64bit machine, but does not work once I create an application. Also when transferring to a different machine with winXP 32bit it does not work at all. Does anyone have an idea why?

My thoughts are that maybe there are different version of direct show installed (I will check) or the drivers for the cams (DNT DigiMicro 2.0 Scale) work different on the two Systems.

Two more thing are to mention: first: LV resolves the cameras on two different IDs (cam0 and cam2, as it happens), but when using xp one cannot be configured (IMAQdx configure grab VI)

second: The cam-sessions are not always closed correctly, usb channel remains open, which lead to trouble with the IMAQdx configure grad.VI in the next run.

attched is my VI. If there are some thoughts for improvement I'm happy for comments.

Thanks a lot,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,398 Views)

Hi Tobias,

I think you are forgot to attached your VI in your previous post.

Regards

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,385 Views)

You are quite right, thanks for mentioning

here it is.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,381 Views)

Update,

it seems to me that it is a issue of operating system. I have now tried the VI on Win7 32bit and there is no problem at all.

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,377 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TH81

Hi,

I agree that the problem seems to be OS related. It seems that XP has a harder time differentiating between the cameras when working with Measurement and Automation Explorer than Windows 7.

Some USB camera drivers simply don't allow doing that and it could be that the xp driver is not as advanced as the Windows 7 driver.

Here is a link about the issue:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D13527D8471D5FC5862576A4006BD081?OpenDocument

Hope this helps.

Regards,
joseph Tagg 

Message 5 of 5
(3,362 Views)