Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ball tracking in live video

How can we perfrom ball trackning in real time using video camera.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,902 Views)

Hi,

In order to point you in the right direction, I'm going to need more information from you.  What kind of video camera is it?  We certainly have plenty of algorithms which would allow this type of capability, but what software environment are you planning on using?  Thanks for anything additional information you can provide!

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,884 Views)

Dear Mr. Cole,

Thanks for ur reply. I am planning to use one or two  high frame rate  camera to track the moving ball tregectory and I want to predict the location where the ball will strike the ground using any estimation algorithm.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,870 Views)

we are going to use LabVIEW 2012 with vision tools.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,870 Views)

Hey,

Check this might help you.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,834 Views)

You should also check out this link and make sure that your camera will be supported by the Vision Acquisition Software.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4331B4AA3AE95233862574C200539A2F

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,815 Views)

Dear Mr. Cole,

Thnaks for the reply.

The VI at ur given link is giving error. One of the sub VI is missing at that link.

I will try to find some compatibale high speed camera for the project

I think I need to implement Extended Kalman Filter to predict the point of impact. Could you or anyone please guide me how to implement EKF on live imagaes to predict the ball position.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,804 Views)

Before you get to that point, you are going to have to be able to detect the object and determine its location.  Have you started developing any algorithms in LabVIEW for this that will return this data?  The extended kalman filter is available in the control, design, and simulation toolkit.  

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,772 Views)

Well we are planning to develop some algorithm the identify the ball  by its color or shape. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,757 Views)

I'll give you a bit of advice straight up.

Make sure the lighting is good as that will help prevent shadows which can cause problems.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,723 Views)