Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2019 Developer Stalls

Solved!
Go to solution

I was originally using VBAI 2015 64-bit to create and edit my inspections. I have been working on other projects and have not touched VBAI for a few months until recently. When I open the 64-bit version, the initial prompt would appear which usually displays a message with the licensed account before continuing on to the welcome menu. Now all that appears is "Unregistered" (image attached) and sits there not proceeding. I then opened up the 32-bit version to see if the same thing would happen but that version opened up fine and I was able to open my inspections. 

I re-installed the software multiple times and re-activated my license but still get the "Unregistered" message on the prompt. I decided to download the 2019 version of VBAI to which that worked and allowed me to continue editing using 64-bit version. I wanted to upgraded to 2019 so this was a good time to but if someone knows the unregistered problem then let me know, just thought I'd mention it.

Everything was working smoothly with VBAI 2019 until a new problem appeared. When opening and editing steps in the inspection, there is a long pause between some selections. As an example, in the "Set Variable" step when I am clicking which variable I want to set there is a 15-20 second pause before the variable I clicked is selected and I can make changes to it. Same thing happens when I am editing the input/output variables in a "Calculation" step or when I am changing the shape of the ROI in the "Create ROI" step. Basically, when a value changes in one of the steps there is a 15 second pause until I am allowed to click anywhere, the software just hangs. Even when I open a new inspection and create a step, the same thing occurs. 

I can still work on inspections but it is unbearable having to wait after every click of the mouse. I am probably missing something that is causing this but can't figure it out. The development PC is well within the requirements to run the software. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,011 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edgemfg

I had a similar issue some time ago.

I'm pretty sure this was related to network shared variables: I received inspections from a customer and they were using network variables that of course were not available on my system. So I suppose Vision Builder waits for values until it times out.

Moreover, when you open such an inspection, these variables configuration are automatically added to your Vision Builder system configuration, so in every other inspection, in every step which lists variables, you'll have this lag you mentioned.

If you have network variables configured, check that they are deployed correctly by the process managing them and/or try removing them from the network variables tab in the Vision Builder Variables manager.

Message 2 of 3
(1,932 Views)

Once I disabled the "Network Shared" option of the system variables everything started to run smoothly. So far there has been no problems and I will give an update if anything develops. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
(1,913 Views)