cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Distribution + Exe NIVDM.lvlib

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I wanna create an exe and installer of my plugin application. 

One of my plugin has a subvi, called: IMAQ ROIProfile. I wanna attach this vi to my source distribution and attach this distribution to my installer, but I can't because it is an element of NIVDM.lvlib.

On the target machine where the LV runtime engine and NI Vision Runtime Engine is installed, I dont want to copy all of the NIVDM.lvlib vis in my source distribution.

- Is there any way to separate these vis from lib?

- Anyway can I make any problem if I attach the full content of NIVDM.lvlib to my Installer?

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,964 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D60

Hi Durnek,

Sorry for not replying for so long! Have you tried attaching the entire lvlib to the installer? It should not cause problem except for the installer being a little bigger in size.

Please let me know what you tried sofar, what are the result and if you still need assistance!

Best regards,

David Varga

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,945 Views)

Hi DavidVr!

I Could Solved my problem! The procedure what I used is the follwing:

1.) Create an exe: Startup VI is the Top Level VI. (MAIN.VI)

2.) Always Included is empty ( Did not specify any Dinamic VIs or anything..

3.) Created a Source Distribution ( Always Included: All Plugin Top Level VIs ) as an LLB

4.) Excluded all classes that is reffered in MAIN.VI ( the rest of all vis are icluded if reffered)

5.) My computer -> Right Click -> Add File , add my Source Distribution LLB as an LLB ( so there is no any dependecy errors in my project)

6.) Create an Installer and add my Source Distribution.LLB into the right folder (Create a folder if it is needed)

7.) Included the Application.exe into My Installer

8.) Add LVRTE + VRTE

9.) OK

I hope these steps will be useful for someone who has the same problem with plugins!

Have a nice day!

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,942 Views)

some letters are missing 🙂 Sorry, but I'm in hurry 🙂

---
[Hungary]
0 Kudos