Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VDM 2011 Pptical flow: vectors values in single array?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

I'm using the "brand new" optical flow and optical feature Vision algorithm (VDM 2011and LV2010)

1. I'd like to get the optical flow values but the only output is the component vector images. DO these images contains the displacement info?? I tried to ImagetoArray it but while doing this the vectors then disappears from the overlay image (in the vision example code)

I do not have such problem while tracking a feature with the Optical Flow feature tracking example. This works nice until the particle is not completly black and tiny.

2. What is the expected size versus greylevel gradient expected to reach the algorithm limits ??

Documentation is a little "light" about that.

Regards

Keep on "tracking"Smiley Wink

PierreS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,130 Views)

Helle Fink,

You cannot get the numeric value from those Vis. You will have to do the calculations to come up with those numbers. Use the available information to derive the needed.A product suggestion has already been filled to add such a vi to the vision tools. I think you could also find some informations on the following link: 

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/34C9E7A3CCA157E78625783800521963

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,043 Views)

Hi mathieu

yes i'm trying to use the avalaible info to derive the other but "is it right to take if from the component images?" that is my question

moreover it sounds strange to "remove" the overlay vectors just by adding the imagetoarray vi on the imagecomponent wire in the vision example.

I could not get more info in the link, nor in the Imaqvision.chm and others .chm (august2011)

Therefore this post

I would be greatly interested in getting output vi's as it is necessary to get other outputs than the present ones

Moerover some details about the soft will be nice too, thanks for forwarding these comments

All the best

pierreS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,032 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fink

Me again

many thanks to JC Benoit, Alliance Vision, Montelimar, France. These guys would definitely get off-line extra Kudos, may be 1kg Nougat. Fred, your team is great !!

So...........If you right click on the image control and enable snapshot, then the vectors "magically" reappear...even if the imagetoarray is not intended to "refresh" the image: cute !!!

The components X and Y looks Ok anyway in the Intensity graphs

for the soft we are waiting for the details...

All the best:womanvery-happy:

PierreS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,025 Views)