From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Vision, Extract fraction of image after zoom and pan.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I need to extract and save a fraction of an image, after the user has used zoom an pan in an Image Display.

I already use ROI for something else...

I can't find any properties of the Image Display, which are useful for finding the coordinates of the view.

How can i find "left, top, right, bottom" of the view?

This (unresolved) topic deals with the a similar question:

how to determine what image pixels are currently displayed in an Vision Image display after zoom and...

Cheers,

BNJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by BNJensen

I assume this example can solve your problem. I use the properties: ZoomSingle, Image Central Position and Image Area Size. From their I can calculate the  the shown section and to create a rectangle for the IMAQ Extract2.

Save Image Part shown in display.png

Message 2 of 7
(2,006 Views)

Ahh, Thanks p4keal!!

Great and illustrative reply!

It was the "Image Center Position", that I had missed, was actually changing with pan.

You saved my day

Cheers,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,003 Views)

You are wellcome 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,991 Views)

Hi p4keal,

I'm using LabVIEW 2017, and I could locate IMAQ Extract2 with the rectangle array you showed. Can you please upload your LabVIEW code?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(909 Views)

IMAQ Extract 2 is part of the Vision Development Module, a toolkit purchased separately from LabVIEW.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(898 Views)

Yes, I have Vision Acquisition Software 17.5 and Vision Development Module 2017. The IMAQdx Extract Image doesn't have any information on the displayed image.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(889 Views)