Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface type (Camera or framegrabber)

Hello All,

I have an application where my application supports both camera as well as Frame Grabber acquisition but in the functional part i need to differentiate whether the interface is camera or Frame Grabber

how to get this done?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,581 Views)

I'm not sure that  I fully understand your question. Are you taking about smart cameras and other types of camera such as gigE, camera Link etc. What do you mean by functional part? Some more information would be useful.

Simon 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,548 Views)

@SimonAldred wrote:

I'm not sure that  I fully understand your question. Are you taking about smart cameras and other types of camera such as gigE, camera Link etc. What do you mean by functional part? Some more information would be useful.

Simon 

How to differentiate whether the IMAQ interface is camera or FrameGrabber?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,523 Views)

What do you mean by the interface being camera? This doesn't mean anything to me. Have you been into NI MAX to see what appears under devices? Do you know what the make and model of your camera is? What sort of cable is connected to the back of the camera - Ethernet, USB, camera Link, Firewire?

You can find out camera information using the enumerate cameras VI. However, I'm not sure whether it gives information on what the interface is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,514 Views)

@SimonAldred wrote:

What do you mean by the interface being camera? This doesn't mean anything to me. Have you been into NI MAX to see what appears under devices? Do you know what the make and model of your camera is? What sort of cable is connected to the back of the camera - Ethernet, USB, camera Link, Firewire?

You can find out camera information using the enumerate cameras VI. However, I'm not sure whether it gives information on what the interface is.

I can able to get the info which you are mentioning, as you said NI MAX will display the device List, from that i wanna know whether that is camera or Frame Grabber (Irrespective of Model and Make)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,511 Views)

Could you send a screen shot of the complete device listing under NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,508 Views)

This is a screenshot from one of my systems

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,506 Views)