From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT Marlin not recognized by Measurement and Automation Explorer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am using an AVT Marlin F046B under Windows 7 and sometimes this camera is not recognized by Machin Vision: in Measurement And Automation 5.0 (MAX), no IEEE1394 device appears.

This issue appears randomly. When the camera is not recognized by MAX, if I use the AVT driver for IEEE1394 board, the camera is recognized by AVT SmartView and when I install Back Microsoft driver for IEEE1394 board, the camera is still not recognized by MAX.

Could there be a compatibility problem somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(5,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gege91

Hello gege91,

this is a Windows 7 driver issue. Please see the following link for details:

http://www.alliedvisiontec.com/emea/support/knowledge-base.html?tx_nawavtknowledgebase_piList[uid]=1...

Oliver

Oliver Guennel

www.alliedvisiontec.com
Message 2 of 19
(5,390 Views)

Thanks Oliver.  I didn't know that and have not faced this issue yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(5,388 Views)

Thank you very much Oliver.

It works now !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(5,378 Views)

Hello Oliver

I am also having a similar problem. I have a WIndows 7 64 bit system with LabView Runtime  Engine 2011 , NI Vision Acquisition 2012 August installed in it. Also I have two Marlin F 146 B cameras. When I restart the  computer after unplugging and plugging it from the power, the cameras are not recognized nor found in NI MAX.  In Device Manager under IEEE 1394 Bus Host controller, I have a these options: See image below. Until now i was using " Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Driver"

Is the "legacy" and "alt " the same? if not , where can i dowload a Legacy  driver?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,146 Views)

Hello Oliver,

I'm facing the same issue in windows 10 and the link you put before is not working at the moment (error 404). Can you direct me to a different page or explain the solution, please?

Thanks in advance,

Filipe Velosa

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,395 Views)

Hello Filipe, 

here is Bernardo from Allied Vision in Germany. Can you tell exactly which LabVIEW version do use? Vision Acquisition Software version? It would be also nice if you could tell us which cameras are you using. If you want a direct support, you can always contact us via our website: https://www.alliedvision.com/en/support/contact-support-and-repair.html

Best regards,

Bernardo Luck // Applications Engineer 

Allied Vision Technologies GmbH

Klaus-Groth-Str. 1, 22926 Ahrensburg, Germany
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,383 Views)

Hello Bernardo,

thanks for your quick reply. I'm using Labview 2015 64-bits in Windows 10 with Vision Acquisition software from February 2016. The camera used is a AVT Marlin. MAX is not able to find it but I can use other cameras like AVT Guppy or Pyke and it works perfectly. What should I do to communicate with Marlin?

Best regards,

Filipe Velosa

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,374 Views)

Hello Filipe, 

can you test if your Marlin camera is recognized with our Vimba SDK, or in another PC? If your other cameras are working on the same PC, then I smell a repair-process coming, but we need to be sure. 

Klaus-Groth-Str. 1, 22926 Ahrensburg, Germany
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,372 Views)

Hello Filipe,

When I had the same issue under Windows 7, I had solved it by modifying or adding a key in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\1394ohci\Parameters\EnableGapCountOptimization
DWORD = 0

I do not know if this could help in your case.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,370 Views)