Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Object command syntax in Lookout

In my application I want to move the CSV files saved in Lookout folder to another place in the network when a button is pressed. The command line for the run object is:
"cmd /c move /y C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Lookout 5.1\2004\*.* \\leo-2k1\Groups\Film\Data\2004"
It doesn't give an error, but it doesn't move the folders to the other place.
Questions:
-Is the command line text too long?
-Can Lookout move the folder while the Spreadsheet object is dumping data into it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,898 Views)

Hi 23r23,

While there might be a finite limit to the number of characters in the command for the Run object, it is definitely more than your current command.

The problem in your case sems to be the path of your files. Since you have spaces in the folder names, you will have to enclose this in two sets of double-qoutes as below:

"cmd /c move /y ""C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Lookout 5.1\2004\*.*"" \\leo-2k1\Groups\Film\Data\2004"

Normally, as with the DOS command prompt, you would need only one set of double qoutes with paths that have spaces. However, Lookout expects two sets of double-quotes because one set of double-qoute is part of the command.

About moving the file while Spreadsheet object is writing to it, I don't think doing th
is is a good idea even if the cmd allowed it. Anyways, you can try it out to see if it does.

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,897 Views)