Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout Adminitrator Password reset

A previous employee reset the Administrator password on Lookout 5.1 before he left the company.  Now we cannot make any changes to it.  How can we reset the Administrator password so that we can edit the program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,215 Views)

There is a method, but I myself would/will not provide the steps without fully making sure you are authorized to do such a thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,199 Views)

What do I need to provide in order to confim this?  How can I receive this information securely?

I have the serial number, Lookout version number and this instance of Lookout is registered to me at my company.

Do I need to get authorization from a NI representative for this password reset?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,190 Views)

This may be of some help

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1BBD779500D68846862571E900590A00

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,174 Views)

kenv, Tell me your email address.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(10,171 Views)

Ryan:

My e-mail address is kvarley@tuway.com

Ken Varley

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(10,158 Views)

its very happening with you but i will surely find some solution for you one of my friend knows the pass word breaking tricks i will ask him and let you know!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,336 Views)

I am having the same Issue. I have Teststand 3.5 and the person who used it before me is not longer working at the company. Any suggestions or help concerning the password reset would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keelen Gagnon

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(10,042 Views)

I have the same problem. The admin left the company without leaving us the password...how can I reset it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,454 Views)

Copy a fresh install "lookout.sec" files from the System32 file of another machine, backup the original and replace.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,436 Views)