From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypertrend traces lost

We are running Lookout 6.2 on XP Professional attached locally to a PLC via ethernet. We notice a loss of trace in Hypertrend after some various time interval( hours to days) which after a few hours ends in a system restart. We are running Lookout as a service-local w/ service restart on error. See the attached Hypertrend screenprint and system error log.

Any assistance in resolving this condition would greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dale

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,033 Views)

From the system event log, I see an unexpected lookout termination on Jan 25. Did you see lookout hang or crash?

I also see some nicitdl5.exe crash last year.

When did the data loss in screenshot happen?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,025 Views)

Thanks for your response!

Yes, we have two recent events relative to this issue. The first started 01/25/2012 11:31:36.07 and ended  01/26/2012 13:05:15.5 w/restart. The most recent which you have chart copy on started 01/27/2012 02:59:04.7 and ended 01/27/2012 09:43:37.9 w/restart.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks Again!

Dale

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,016 Views)

Hi,

I was wondering if you found out what was your problem.  I seem to have the same issue than you. This problem appeared here for no reason since last week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,609 Views)

This is a persistent unfixed and never will be fixed bug with Citadel/Lookout.

Random data loss, typically related to an unexpected Lookout application crash.

Citadel crashes also cause it, while the process keeps running.

Plan your exit strategy to a new platform...

We have experienced this for nearly two decades and with the EOL noticed on Lookout, your not getting it resolved.

Speaking of which, NI is doing a huge disservice to purchasers by not including the EOL notice on the purchase pages of the website for Lookout!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,575 Views)