Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection for panel stops working

I activate a panel from several pushbuttons by setting Panel.activate=Pb1 or Pb2 or Pb3 or ...
This seems to work until I close the process and then open it again - the panel will not activate. When I rebuild the above statement from scratch, it works again? What am I doing wrong? Is this a Lookout (5.1) bug?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,093 Views)
Sometimes Lookout "forgets" things it's supposed to do when done through expressions. The proper way to do this would be to (in object explorer), right click your panel and go to edit connections. Select the activate data member (I prefer to use the maximize data member instead), and make your connection "pb1 or pb2 or pb3" then click accept and you are in business.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,093 Views)
I appreciate your input, but I have done it at least a dozen times exactly the way you describe. Then when I close the process and reopen it, the pushbuttons do not activate the panel. The activate connection "looks" exacly the way I had entered it after reopening the process. Then I rebuild the activate connection and the pushbuttons work.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,093 Views)
Sorry I misunderstood. You should try using the maximize data member rather than the activate. If you have the same results with this data member then you have a problem. I have never had any troubles with connections not working properly in 5.1
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,093 Views)

Just as a sanity check, I tried this on 5.1 and it seems to work fine. Can you create a small, sample process file where you can reproduce this consistently and attach it for us to try?

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,093 Views)