Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel Logging Frequency Limitation in Lookout 6.5 and 6.7.1

Usually, I don't push Lookout for data acquisition beyond once per second.  Recently, I had a request to push a Modbus TCP device communication with Lookout to as fast as possible.  I was able to get Lookout to receive data at 10 Hz without any Modbus errors.  The particular data being retrieved is integer between 1 and 32k.

I've connected the Modbus member to a data table and normally I only log to Citadel from the Datatables but this time, I setup logging to citadel from both entities (Modbus member directly and Datatable connected member).  The problem is that the logged values are always about one second (plus or minus) apart and I can see no change in Citadel logged frequency no matter what the Modbus poll rate is set to.  I can see live digital data displays changing at higher frequency when the Modbus poll rate is changed but nothing faster than ~1 Hz is actually logged to Citadel.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Is this an inherent timing limit of objects to log to Citadel within Lookout?  Can this be modified?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,339 Views)