Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEG processing

Hi viginesh,

Sorry for the very late reply..  Did you resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(8,147 Views)

Hi Viginesh,

Spectral monitoring of EEG signals is pretty straightforward.  Normally, the time domain signal is broken into short epochs of a few seconds and an FFT is performed on that data array.  The data from the FFT is binned into frequency ranges according to standard EEG definitions:  Delta, (0-4Hz), Theta (4-8Hz), alpha (8-12Hz) , etc. The Peak power value in that frequency range and/or the cumulative power (total power in that bin) is reported.  Then the next segment of EEG data is processed and this continues either in real-time or on a prerecorded file of EEG.  This process is duplicated for each channel of data corresponding to different locations on the brain.

Another common EEG processing task is looking for abnormal spike activity that is associated with epilepsy and is sometimes the precursor to seizures.  Various methods are employed, including template matching, wavelets processing, and even neural net processing.

Can you tell us more about the actual processing that you need to do on your EEG data?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(8,143 Views)
It's all in the time based site specific voltage pattern, just look there.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(8,103 Views)
Sorry - I need more to go on than that...
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(8,094 Views)
Thank You all.... I have completed my project... Thank u very much
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(8,091 Views)

Glad you completed it.

I got lost in the translation somewhere...  then got confused..  

nevertheless, the improtant part is that you got it working.

R

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(8,073 Views)