LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execution error: Undefined symbol '_imaqCreateImage' referenced , during .exe

during execution or debugging of some NI-imaqdx with Labwindows 2013 examples i've this error:

error: Undefined symbol '_imaqCreateImage' referenced in "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\IMAQdx\Grab and Basic Attributes\cvibuild.Grab and Basic Attributes\Debug\Grab and Basic Attributes.obj".

i need to control a webcam camera with labwindows using imaq and imaqdx function.

i write also a new program like example i correctly link the .lib and .h file of niimaq and niimaqdx...

the project compile but when i try to create and .exe (in releese and also debugging configuation) it occours the same error ...

what i have to do?

thaks

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,532 Views)

Hello Raman_Girl,

this is a known issue, National Instruments is already working on it.

There are two workaround that could work with this issue:

1) 

A. Build with stdcall calling convention
B. Modify nivision.h as so:
#if !defined(IMAQ_STDCALL)
#ifndef __GNUC__
#define IMAQ_STDCALL__stdcall
#else
#define IMAQ_STDCALL__stdcall
#endif
#endif

2) manually adding in niimaqdx.lib, nivision,lib, NIIMAQdx.h, nivision.h from the 

<root>\ Program Files \ National Instruments \ NI-IMAQdx\lib\msvc folder
and by building the code in release configuration

The CAR number is 426037, you can check if in the next version this bug has been solve.

Thank you,

Valerio

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,461 Views)

thaks,

in the same way i've fix the problem 

it works 🙂

best regard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,456 Views)

Hi there,

For the creation of my DLL with LabWindows/CVI, I had the same problem as RamanGirl and I solved it using the 1st method that Valerio suggested. Good! But now I have another probelm... I would like to do the DLL for a 64-bit version OS. In this case I select "Release64" but I get several error messages like for example: "Cannot find 64-bit program file for library 'NI Vision'". Do you know how I can solve this issue? Is there any workaround to this problem? Is there a supported (or even unsopported) NI-vision library for 64-bit version OS?

For more info see also this other forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Trouble-compiling-in-quot-release64-debug64-quot-configuratio...

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolino

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,334 Views)

Hello i have this probleme but the error is

error: Undefined symbol '_DisplayError' referenced in "c:\Users\i87278\Desktop\OCR exp\cvibuild.OCR\Debug\OCR.obj".  

and i want to apply the methods you sit but i have no idea whats the .lib and for the seconde methode how i process thks for help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,913 Views)