From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital output pin goes low when starting File Sequence

I have search the site but can’t find what I am looking for and also using 2011 version (works great for other apps written).  Also using a new USB-6509 DAQ unit which seems to work nice.

This project is for a wiring harness tester with multi wires, up to 90+.

The design seems simple (but will be long), can't do looping as far as I can tell.

Line 1 goes high and then you check all other lines for a high.

Next pass, Wire 2 High and you check Pins 1 & 3,4,5 etc.

And so on with only 1 pin high at a time and reading input pins that SHOULD NOT BE HIGH.

I have input ½ of it working but the Output High pin keeps going low once it starts the File Sequence.

Can’t figure what I’m doing wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,043 Views)

I have a few clarifying questions.

1. By the 2011 version, do you mean Labwindows/CVI 2010 SP1? (Released 08-01-2011)
  2. When you are reading from your inputs (all the lines except the one you drive high), are all the lines showing incorrect readings, or just some?
  3. Have you verified with a multimeter that the pins are indeed low when your DAQ reads them as high?
  4. Could you elaborate on what 1/2 s working?  Just want to make sure I understand correctly.
  5. Could you elaborate on what you mean by starting the file sequence?  Do you mean running the program?  If so, are their times when the pin you desire to drive high actually goes high?  Have you verified this with a multimeter?
Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,012 Views)