LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run/execute code on Device (cDAQ-9181 + NI 9482)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get familiar with the development for National Instruments devices right now. What I have for the moment is a cDAQ-9181 controller and a NI 9482 Relay module.

I am able to use it with LabView but for me it is more interesting to develop the tasks by textual programming (ANSI C).

I installed LabWindows/CVI and the NI-DAQmx driver for the development. I have access to the device by using the NI-MAX application.

So I wrote a simple test application in LabWindows/CVI which can be compiled without errors. But when I press "Debug project" only the console window pops up for a second and then nothing further happens.

So my question is, how can I run the code or the compiled file on the actual device?

(The code is by the way very simple. I just want to activate one of the Relay channels. So I don't know if it is useful to upload it here in order to answer my question.)

Many thanks in advance

Lars

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author derlars

Never mind.

I found the problem.

The project contains some automatic generated lines of code for the checking the arguments. This part led to the problem that the execution has been stopped immediately. By removing these lines, the application starts running and communicating with the device.

Many thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,120 Views)