From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error 2355

My customer recently got this error installing my app on their PC. They have not had any problems before. I have never seen this, but reading the discussion group, might this only be related to LabView? Does that mean that they have LabView installed on their system and it's interefering with my LabWindows CVI app? The screen shot that they sent shows it got to the installation of cvirt4.rsc file so I wonder if it's a run time engine registry conflict?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,624 Views)
Error 2355 is a MSI installer error and it means "corrupt cabinet," presumable meaning that one of the cabinets containing the actual files is corrupt. Apparently they have a bad installer volume. I would try sending them a new copy. I have also seen this result from a bad CDROM read. If they are installing from a CD, have them copy the install files to the hard drive and try installing it from there.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,624 Views)
On the nose. They had a disruption in the download from my ftp site, and the cabinet file was incomplete.

Thanks Chris.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,624 Views)