From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI full feature teststand code

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know which callback in the NI provided CVI full feature operator interface for TestStand does it handle to make the Test UUT and Single Pass buttons invisible when the sequence file is closed (using File>Close Sequence File in TestStand).

These buttons are enabled again when sequence file is loaded. I am able to find how the buttons are enabled on the load but cannot find any callback that makes the buttons invisible when all the opened sequence files are closed.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,589 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lvrat

The visibility of the buttons is actually controlled by the TestStand ActiveX objects that they are connected to. In the GetActiveXControlHandles, RegisterActiveXEventCallbacks, and ConnectTestStandControls functions, you can see where the ActiveX controls configured and the CVI controls are then connected to them. Once they are connected, they are controlled by TestStand, and this is what changes things like visibility and the label.

tsErrChk( TSUI_SequenceFileViewMgrConnectCommand(gMainWindow.sequenceFileViewMgr, &errorInfo, gMainWindow.entryPoint1Button, TSUIConst_CommandKind_ExecutionEntryPoints_Set, 0, TSUIConst_CommandConnection_NoOptions, NULL));

In what scenario do you need to manually control the visibility of these controls?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,579 Views)

In my case I am adding a button on filetab and execution tab. If I make the control ActiveX like the TestUUT and Single Pass buttons then am unable to find a property to change and set the button background color (ActiveX buttons do border color and font colors). Thanks for the explanation, I do understand and can do workaround for my controls now.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)