LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI Build of Lua

Does anyone know if Lua has been built in CVI?  I am looking for an embedded script engine and Lua looks rather promising.

Regards,

TEDoyle
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,438 Views)
TEDoyle,

I don't know of anyone who has built Lua in LabWindows/CVI here at NI, now that doesn't mean no one ever has, but we do not have any documentation on such a process.  I took a brief look at the source code available from the official Lua website, and it seems like you should be able to compile it in CVI as long as there isn't any code that conflicts with the ANSI 89 standard to which CVI's compiler is compliant.  If you simply want to use Lua in CVI then that should be no problem since it has a built-in C API that you should be able to call from CVI.

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,402 Views)

John,

I tried to build Lua within CVI but ran into some problems.  There are a few functions (e.g. _popen and _pclose) that are not directly supported.

TEDoyle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,385 Views)

TEDoyle,

I have compile and embedded LUA in CVi with succes.

No real problems nor tweaks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,382 Views)
Would it be possible to get a copy of your project so I can give it a try?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,380 Views)
I join zip file of folder with cvi prj and cws.
Message 6 of 14
(5,377 Views)
Previous post was the project for creating the luacvi.lib, here is a small quick and dirty test project.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,375 Views)
Thanks!  Works great.  Which version of Lua is this?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,367 Views)
It's version 5.1.3

Regards
B.Williot
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,364 Views)

Thanks again!  I am working on an embedded CVI-RT project and I need on a embeddable script engine.  Lua looks to be a good candidate. 

Regards,

TEDoyle

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,362 Views)