Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero string in array

Solved!
Go to solution

hellow,

i have some problem,

i have 1D array of string, i need separated string with zero value and do new array which contained only no-zero values,

is it possible

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,165 Views)

Everything is possible, but your description is incomplete.. A string is not numeric, so do you want to remove the elements taht have the character zero or do you want to remove elements that have empty strings, or both?

What have you tried so far? There ae plenty of examples posted in the forum to do this. Is this homework?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,140 Views)

thanks altenbach,

I need remove elements with empty string and do new array without empty string (in attachment a describe this...)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,122 Views)

Try this, credits for DFGray: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Dr-Damien-s-Development-Memory-Allocation-in-Loops/td-p/1075712

You probably could put Trim Whitespaces for empty strings with 1 or more whitespaces before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,113 Views)

If you have a recent LabVIEW version, all you need is a conditional output tunnel as follows:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,099 Views)

Please i have version of labview 10., could you convert it    thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,095 Views)

I have already uploaded the VI with your version of LV.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,087 Views)

unfortunately, but when i try open it, it talk me (it is verion 12 ???)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,081 Views)

@AYanez wrote:

Try this, credits for DFGray: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Dr-Damien-s-Development-Memory-Allocation-in-Loops/td-p/1075712

You probably could put Trim Whitespaces for empty strings with 1 or more whitespaces before.

What is the purpose of the outer case structure?

Here's a much simpler version of the same (LV 2010).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,080 Views)

If you feel like my version is still a little complicated, please vote for my idea here. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,075 Views)