LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy chart time

I am trying to create a graph with the x axis Being Time (column 0) and the y axis with the data (columns 1 to 5), But I cannot get the time to be correctly displayed on any chart I build.

I am using Labview 2014

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,935 Views)

Hi nunyabiz,

do you create charts or graphs? You mix those terms in wild order - and they are not the same in LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,932 Views)

I have tried both, and i couldnt get the time to show up correctly in either one.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,925 Views)

OK, there are some major confusions. Looking in your attached VI reveals that there is no graph at all, but a table. Your description regarding columns fit that approach.

So i wonder:

Do you want to use a table (readable timestamp and values) or do you want to use a graph/chart (x-axis as time, but "resolution" limited an y-axis are values which are usually connected by lines, showing a "trend")?

Also you read material to "shift register" as this is essential for your approach you have. Using a shift register will remove all your local variables.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,919 Views)

@nunyabiz wrote:

I am trying to create a graph with the x axis Being Time (column 0) and the y axis with the data (columns 1 to 5), But I cannot get the time to be correctly displayed on any chart I build.

Again you have a table, not a chart.

If the time display is not to your liking, you need to tell us what kind of time display you want. Do you want relative time instead (starting at zero)? You don't say what is "correct".

In any case, you should use built array, eliminating the counter shift register. You should also use a simple wait instead of spinning the loop like crazy, until the time is elapsed.

Here's a quick draft. FOr more sensors, simply change the N of the FOR loop or create an array of your sensor values in some other way.

Also, why is the table a control if you use it as an indicator? Why do you initialize with an array containing one column instead of an empty array?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,909 Views)

I deleted the chart that I was trying to get to work. I want to chart or graph the data in the table and I thought it would be less confusing for anyone trying to help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,894 Views)

You still don't say what you consider a "correct" time display.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,888 Views)

I want to graph the time in the table X (1st column) to the data Y (column 1 and 2), but everything I have tried the time (X) does not show correctly. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,883 Views)

@nunyabiz wrote:

I want to graph the time in the table X (1st column) to the data Y (column 1 and 2), but everything I have tried the time (X) does not show correctly. 

Again: what is "correctly"? We still cannot read your mind!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,872 Views)

Correctly would be the time as shown in the first column. Sorry to be so cunfusing but it makes sense in my head lol. So to recap I want to make a XY graph from the table with the time in the first column to be X and the data in the other columns to be Y.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,868 Views)