LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind speed program

Bill, Mike, OP that device is a 6356 !  RSE is not an option it only supports differential AI DAQmx will probably throw an error.  Connect the gnd to pin 3 an pin 5 the AI signal to pin 4 the AO to pin 16 AI and AO gnds are internally connected.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,689 Views)
That's cool. The OP suggested that the wire runs were going to be long, so the measurements should be differential. I don't know what signal levels are that he's working with, but long wires and RSE spell trouble.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,678 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Bill, Mike, OP that device is a 6356 !  RSE is not an option it only supports differential AI DAQmx will probably throw an error.  Connect the gnd to pin 3 an pin 5 the AI signal to pin 4 the AO to pin 16 AI and AO gnds are internally connected.

That's good to know.  I didn't look at any details on the 6356.  I would've assumed all DAQ devices had a single ended mode, and since that is how it appeared to be wired.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,664 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

That's good to know.  I didn't look at any details on the 6356.  I would've assumed all DAQ devices had a single ended mode, and since that is how it appeared to be wired.

Once I saw AI1- not AI9 on the label I thought I'd better check the spec. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,654 Views)
Hello. That's mean the sensor GND connect to pin 3 and 5. The sensor out will connect to pin 4. How about the sensor +v connect to?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,601 Views)

@choonkok wrote:
Hello. That's mean the sensor GND connect to pin 3 and 5. The sensor out will connect to pin 4. How about the sensor +v connect to?

That connection is fine as is

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,580 Views)