LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while loop synchronous operation

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a vi where it has to acqire data over ethernet parallely (using two while loop) and display those data . but i m unable to do so because both the loops are not running simultaneously . Somebody please help me out . VI is attached

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nepla

Of course they don't run in parallel. You don't understand the basic paradigm of LabVIEW - dataflow. You've forced the top loop to execute after the bottom loop because you wired the controls in the bottom loop to the top loop. 

Message 2 of 6
(2,862 Views)

Thanx a lot !  How to control both the loop with single control action (STOP Button )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,849 Views)

An easy way is to simply use a local variable. The mechanical action cannot be latching though so you would use a another write after the loop finishes to set the value back to false. There are other, more sophisticated ways without using a local but this will get you going.

Message 4 of 6
(2,845 Views)

An easy way is to simply use a local variable. The mechanical action cannot be latching though so you would use a another write after the loop finishes to set the value back to false. There are other, more sophisticated ways without using a local but this will get you going.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,844 Views)

Done Sir, Thanx a lot for your help!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,832 Views)