LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform graph with timestamp

I have 5 arrays of data, 4 are data values and 1 is the UTC seconds.  I want to use a waveform graph as it smooths the plots so the traces look
more rounded compared to an XY Graph.  I have experimented with bundle and build waveform setups but the best  I have been able to do is to get the timestamp along the X axis but no data shows up in the graph  or all the data shows up as but it looks like the axis is swapped but the timestamp is still at the bottom.

Does anyone know why the waveform graph plots are smoother than the XY Graph plots.  If I knew this answer I could use the XYGraph instead.

Thanks
Tim C.
1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,531 Views)

I don't notice a difference between an XY Graph and a Waveform Graph if the dt on both are the same and assuming all of the other attributes (interpolation, point style, range, etc.) are the same as shown below. To create a waveform graph and assuming that the dt is constant in your time array, you can do something like the other image. An XY graph is normally used only when the intervals on the x axis are not constant. If you see a difference, you should post your VI (with data in the arrays) so that someone can look at it.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 09-15-2007 09:38 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,516 Views)

Hello

I wired the Waveform graph following the build waveshape function and the X axis is showing the time starting at 1903,  but when I take the same daa arrays and send them to a XY Graph the X axis shows correct.  Does anyone have a suggestion for this.....

Thanks

Tim C.

1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,492 Views)
Right click on the graph and see if Ignore Timestamp is selected.
Message 4 of 6
(4,489 Views)
Not selected...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,484 Views)
Can you post your VI with data in the arrays? The date that you are seeing is the default and would happen if the t0 of the Build Waveform is not wired or if there is something wrong with the timestamp in your array. Need to see the actual data.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,471 Views)