From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

i have a system that captures and graph a values on waveform chart and i want the waveform chart that graph the values of full day.... how i can graph values of full day?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,089 Views)

I am not sure what you ask.

So here are some questions:

1) What version of LV are you running?

2) What are these values (what type)?

3) How often you send them to the graph?

4) What do you mean by "Can i graph values of full day?"

In fact if you can post your code it would be much easier to give you some help

Dimitrios

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,076 Views)

the waveform chart graph 3 value acquired from NI 6008 as double. I use a labview 2009 Enviroment.

The system acquire h24 and i want that a waveform chart have a x-axis 00.00 to 23.59 of day and change in the next day.

sorry for my english but i'm italian.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,073 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Loopin3

Right that’s better although you haven’t answered how fast you acquiring data. I never had a requirement like that but I put something together. I am not sure if that’s the best way of doing that but I couldn’t think of anything else. 

So what I did, I have created a while loop that runs once a second (1000ms delay) and used some random number 0-100 to be displayed on the chart. 

To get the 24Hr I have right-clicked the chart and chose Properties ---->Display Format (tab). I have selected Time(X-Axis) type to be Absolute Time and ticked the 24-hour option. Then I have changed Chart History Length to 100000 and manually changed the Axis end point to 23:59:59. Have a look on the VI below. 

Make sure that X-Axis is not Auto-Scaling. 

I think it works but I am not that happy with that solution. Any other ideas?

Dimitrios

Message 4 of 4
(3,048 Views)