LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning and error message in serial communication

Hi, when i use the serial communiaction to read data. there are always two problems,

it can take the data and display it but it will display waring or error message:

the waring message is: 1073676294( the number of bytes trandfered is equal to requested unput count. more data might be available)

the error message is :1073807253 ( a framing error occured in tranfer data).

it's still the normal comunication? when i use the tera pro to communicate with the test termianl, it has the same display. i don't know how does the error and waring happen and it can be solved?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,712 Views)
As I mentioned in the other thread, the warning can probably be ignored, it is just telling you that you read all the bytes that were at the port. The error is caused by one end of the communication path not being correctly synchronized with the other, either baud rate, parity or one of the other settings being wrong. Surprisingly enough communications can still sometimes occur, particularly when you are running in the debug mode, which slows most of the process down. Though the serial comms take place in hardware , running it in debug allows all the bytes to be transfered before you attempt the read. I am not familiar with tera pro so I can't comment on its functionality. You say you are getting the same message in tera pro as in LabVIEW?

P.M.

P.s. it is a good idea to not spawn new threads about the same topic. Those who are following the original thread may not see the new one and those answering the new one may not have seen all that has been suggested and attempted before, leading to repeated suggestions and increased bandwidth.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,707 Views)
Yes, but surprising enough when I try a baud rate of 9600 I get a warning saying some more data might be available(1073676294). When I try with a baud rate of 19200, I get the error saying framing error(1073807253 ). and returns some wierd string......I am kind of baffled, why would something like this happen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,622 Views)
When you set your baud rate to 19200, did you also set the instrument at the other end to the same setting? Both the pc and the instrument have to match exactly and it sounds like they don't.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,620 Views)
yes the baud rate on PC and the instrument were changed.....for some reason it did not communicate at 9600 and it did at 19200, the instrument supports baud rates from 2400 to 115200
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,609 Views)
I don't understand. You said you got the warning at 9600 baud and an error at 19200 with garbage data. If you get a framing error, that means there is a mismatch and characters that don't make any sense would support that. A framing error would be raised before any warning about data still left in the buffer so that error has to found and corrected first.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,602 Views)