LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-axis front panel control

Does anyone know how to implement a 2-axis front panel control -- something like a simulated trackball or 2-dimensional slider that outputs x/y values?  This is useful for manually controlling dual-axis hardware.

Thanks,
TrevU
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,531 Views)
You could use a picture control and the mouse position inside it with an event structure.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,523 Views)
I had actually thought of that already, but add a position glyph and mousedown condition.  The best control, however, would be one that when the user presses the mouse button and moves the mouse, the picture playfield scrolls behind a window and the mouse pointer stays still, like a simulated trackball.  I've seen this kind of control on other hardware control programs.  This would use up far less real estate on the front panel, but I don't know if it can be done in LabView.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Maybe you could find an activex/virtual trackball control, or use the mouse wheel scroll and tilt function. Maybe even an external joystick.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,501 Views)
Up until now I've been using an external joystick, but I don't always have a joystick connected.  I may end up writing my own ActiveX control.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)