From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wafer map plot

Hi ,
I a, looking for a "wafer map" plot options 2D where I can simply upload data and present the distribution of e.g. Touchstone file values on a wafer.
Thanks
Yariv3G
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,905 Views)
Kind of sounds like an intensity plot. Do you have a sample picture similar to what you want or a website link??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,901 Views)

Hi,

Something like this probably: (see attachement) or similar

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,891 Views)
Hello,

you mean something like the pic, that I have attached in this thread:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=189566&query.id=18878#M189566
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,882 Views)
You could also do something by drawing colored boxes in a picture indicator. This is in 7.0 format.
Message 5 of 13
(6,876 Views)
You could also use a 2D array of color box controls or indicators.
Message 6 of 13
(6,868 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for all and the fast reply.

The last one seems to be the most convinient...

I assume I will use the  matrix indexes as x-y coordinates of the wafer.

But how and where do I add the Intensity (-z-value) in different color grade? Those for example will be the dB values with a different spread of colors.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,862 Views)

reply #4 of this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

includes a link to the "Obfuse Code" example i posted.

I believe it can be quickly adapted to accomplish the task at hand.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,856 Views)

But how and where do I add the Intensity (-z-value) in different color grade? Those for example will be the dB values with a different spread of colors.

The color is a U32 value that is written into the 2d array at each element. You could setup a master array of color boxes for each bin. Then use the bin value to index the correct color out of this master array. Then use replace array element to insert this new color value into the 2D array.

Message 9 of 13
(6,853 Views)

Hi,

I have progressed so far but stucked on the "old" issue how to fill in a circle within the array, so it looks like a wafer map. What will be my approach? Having two for-loops (one for culomn, one for row) that de-/increase the index of the array (like the mathematical approach of drawing a circle U=2*pi*r)??

What if I'd like than later point with the mouse on one array bin (=wafermap) and having its value and index on real-time, how do I do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,826 Views)