From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using saved vi analyzer cfg file for another project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a VI Analyzer cfg file that works with the project it was created in. It contains settings I want to use for all of my projects. When I copy the cfg file to a new project, it will only allow me to analyze the project it came from. Is there some way to repoint the file to the new project?

Tay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,868 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  In am running LabVIEW 2009 and when I go to Tools>>VI Analyzer>>Analyze VI… the second option is to “Load a previously saved analysis configuration file” (screen shot below).  Is this not what you are seeing?

18061i02172501B298143F

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,849 Views)

I'm using 2009 SP1. I know about the "Load a previously saved analysis configuration file", but the cfg file I load from here points to the project it came from. How do I make it point to another project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by slipstick

If you open your .cfg in Notepad, do you see a reference to your other project or file path to it?  If so, this is the token that needs to be changed to be associated with a different project.  I would suggest making a copy of your file and saving a new one to work with your new project. 

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)

Well, that worked. VI Analyzer could really use a button to allow you to select a different project, though.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,799 Views)

I definitely agree with you.  I would suggest creating a product suggestion at http://www.ni.com/contact and select “Give us ‘feedback’ to improve our products”.  I will also submit an internal product suggestion for this.  Editing the Token in the .cfg file is a bit cumbersome!

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,777 Views)