cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using saved vi analyzer cfg file for another project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a VI Analyzer cfg file that works with the project it was created in. It contains settings I want to use for all of my projects. When I copy the cfg file to a new project, it will only allow me to analyze the project it came from. Is there some way to repoint the file to the new project?

Tay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,871 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  In am running LabVIEW 2009 and when I go to Tools>>VI Analyzer>>Analyze VI… the second option is to “Load a previously saved analysis configuration file” (screen shot below).  Is this not what you are seeing?

18061i02172501B298143F

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,852 Views)

I'm using 2009 SP1. I know about the "Load a previously saved analysis configuration file", but the cfg file I load from here points to the project it came from. How do I make it point to another project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by slipstick

If you open your .cfg in Notepad, do you see a reference to your other project or file path to it?  If so, this is the token that needs to be changed to be associated with a different project.  I would suggest making a copy of your file and saving a new one to work with your new project. 

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
Message 4 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Well, that worked. VI Analyzer could really use a button to allow you to select a different project, though.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,802 Views)

I definitely agree with you.  I would suggest creating a product suggestion at http://www.ni.com/contact and select “Give us ‘feedback’ to improve our products”.  I will also submit an internal product suggestion for this.  Editing the Token in the .cfg file is a bit cumbersome!

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,780 Views)