cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using maths function in VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I know it can be done in Matlab but I would like to know if there is a way/block in Labview to type in a math function to generate a plot? (for example y = sin(x) for x=0 to 6)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,300 Views)

Sine Pattern.vi

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,297 Views)

You could use a formula node.  Use Ramp Pattern or incrementing inside a loop to generate the series of X values to feed into the formula node.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sherzaad

@sherzaad wrote:

Hi,

I know it can be done in Matlab but I would like to know if there is a way/block in Labview to type in a math function to generate a plot? (for example y = sin(x) for x=0 to 6)

LabVIEW is not a "visualization" Language (like, say, Matlab, or Mathematica), it is an "Engineering Workbench" (the "EW" of LabVIEW) meant to construct "Virtual Instruments" (more letters of LabVIEW).  You certainly can write a VI that will make a particular plot, with particular parameters, but it isn't well suited (though I'm sure it could be done!) to write something that takes in a "typed-in" function and generates a plot.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,242 Views)