From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Plot: Control Node with sliders which will determine servo positions

Hello,

I have a 3D plot representing 3 servos mounted on a common plane at one end and all are connected to a single node at the other end.  My current setup allows me to control each servo's length independently which determines the node location (Trilateration), but I would like to do the opposite.  I need to use the XYZ sliders to control the single node position which will then determine the servo lengths and angles.  I'm not exactly sure how to achieve this and any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Thank you,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,052 Views)

This sounds like a Math problem (not LabVIEW) -- "Given a fixed Triangle representing the base of a Tetrahedron (assumed lying in the X,Y plane) and the X, Y, Z coordinates of the fourth point of the Tetrahedron, what are the lengths of the sides of the Tetrahedron connected to this fourth point?"

This is actually quite a simple problem to solve.  Take pencil and paper, draw your Base, label the base Vertices A, B, and C, define their coordinates as (Ax, Ay, 0), (Bx, By, 0), etc., and specify D = (Dx, Dy, Dz).  Invoke Pythagoras as often as required.  Note that D will determine the lengths of the sides AD, BD, and CD, but the converse is not true, the three sides do not uniquely determine D (think "reflection").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,047 Views)