Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating software without Java or on standalone computer

Hello-

Is there a way to either

1) download software updates without Java

or

2) download software updates on a computer connected to the network, and then take those updates via sneakerware to a standalone, non-networked computer for installation?

I have a networked computer but my network people won't let me run Java for network security reasons. I am trying to download NI-DAQmx 9.0. I also would like to get the bug fixes for LV 2009 and Labview Real-Time module 9.0. I downloaded the 1.3 GB executable(NIDAQ900f2.exe) for NI-DAQ on a networked machine, and took it to my other machine with a thumb drive, but it will not execute, I get a message saying that it is not a valid Win32 application.

Surely there must be a way to get updates without having to run a Java-enabled web browser?

Thanks,
Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,389 Views)

What Java? Are you referring to the NI Downloader? The DAQmx distribution can be acquired using straight http protocol or the ftp protocol from the NI site. For DAQmx 9.0.2 the direct link is http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/multifunction_daq/nidaqmx/9.0.2/NIDAQ902f0.exe.

As for the "not a valid Win32 application", that sounds like you have a corrupted download. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,379 Views)

You shouldn't need Java to install updates. The executables are usually self-extracting archives which are basically copies of the DVD.

Guesses as to why you got the error message:

1. You tried to install the 64 bit version of DAQmx (assuming it exists).
  2. The download was corrupted.
  3. The HD or flash drive were corrupted.

(2,377 Views)
Okay I will retry the download, sounds like that should have worked and maybe it became corrupted. I will post regarding whether that works.
Thank you.
Steve
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,368 Views)